There have been several high profile cases both locally and nationally where children and young people have been subjected to neglect. This course provides information about neglect of younger and older children and includes an introduction to Wakefield’s Neglect Toolkit.
All participants must have a basic awareness of child abuse and neglect, and must have completed the Working Together a Shared Responsibility course or an equivalent level of learning in safeguarding children.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Wednesday 17th July, 2019 - FULL
- Tuesday 26th November, 2019
* An understanding of what neglect looks like in a family and the need to identify it at the earliest opportunity.
* To consider the impact of neglect in the short and long-term.
* Develop an overview of current research and context in relation to child neglect; including neglect of the older child.
* Introduction to Wakefield’s Neglect Toolkit
* To enhance the skills of participants in the identification and assessment when working with children and young people who are neglected
* To explore the relationship between the Neglect Toolkit and the Continuum Of Need