National research informs us that the potential impact of a parental mental illness and the child’s ability to cope with it is related to age, gender and individual personality. This three hour briefing will highlight the impact for children who live with parents or other family members who suffer from mental illness and this impacts on children’s needs. This course is delivered by South West Yorkshire Partnership Trust.
No prerequisites, although it is advisable that participants have undertaken at least a basic level safeguarding children course. It is expected that delegates will have already completed basic safeguarding training.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Tuesday 4th June, 2019 - FULL
- Tuesday 5th November, 2019
* Understand what Mental Illness is and the potential impact that it can have on parenting capacity
* Understand what a day in the life of child can be like when living with a person who has a Mental Illness
* Understand factors enable children to build resilience when being cared for by someone with mental ill health