This course is delivered by Mid York’s hospital trust. FGM is illegal in the UK. In a recent WDSCB section 11 Audit and WDSCB challenge event it was highlighted that practitioners would benefit from an opportunity to learn more about this issue.
This briefing is suitable for any staff working in FGM practicing communities or with an interest in this area. To equip practitioners with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities regarding issues relating to FGM a
No prerequisites although it is advisable for delegates to have undertaken at least a basic Safeguarding children course.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Wednesday 20th March, 2019 - FULL
- Thursday 4th July, 2019
* Gain awareness of the Wakefield District Safeguarding Children Board protocol on FGM and how to access them
* Consider how FGM relates to the safeguarding agenda
* Understand the background, signs, symptoms and health implications of FGM
* Know how to make a referral when FGM is identified as a possible or definite concern