Our Working Together Basic Awareness with children and young people training course is an entry level programme that will provide a basic understanding of the principles for working with children and young people to keep them safe. It is an introductory course on basic safeguarding.
This is seen as a minimum requirement for all people working within settings which work with or have regular contact with children and young people. It is recommended that people undertake Refresher Training a minimum of every 3 years.
This course is designed for those who have had either no safeguarding training or who need a refresher. All practitioners should access working together training at lease once every three years.
Please note this course will not cover specifics which apply to agencies individually e.g. inspection criteria or focus.
Education staff – please see Education section under Training.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Tuesday 5th March, 2019 - FULL
By the end of the course, participants will have an awareness of:
* Child abuse and neglect including signs and indicators
* The impact of abuse on Child Development
* What to do in response to concerns
* When to raise concerns
* How to raise concerns
* How to work together to keep children safe
- Child Abuse and neglect including signs and indicators
- The Impact of abuse on Child Development
- What to do in response to concerns
- When to raise concerns
- How to raise concerns
- How to work together to keep children safe
- Have an increased understanding of what working together means and how agencies coordinate effectively can best achieve this