An introduction to inclusive practice, this course delivered by the SENSS Team is suitable for anyone who works with or comes into contact with children who have communication and interaction difficulties.
Professionals working with children and young people in the Wakefield District such as: Children and Young People’s Services, Police, Education, Youth Work and Voluntary Agencies. All participants must have a basic awareness of child abuse and neglect, and must have completed the Working Together a Shared Responsibility course or an equivalent level of learning in safeguarding children.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Monday 15th July, 2019 - FULL
- Thursday 10th October, 2019 - FULL
A one day workshop bringing together practitioners working with children and young people with social communication difficulties including Autism.
* An introduction to Autistic Spectrum Disorder and sensory processing differences and how these may impact on children and young people’s behaviour and anxiety levels.
* Guidance, strategies and ideas to help practitioners develop their own practice when working with children and families.
* Information about Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and Services within Wakefield that may be supportive to the children, young people and families you work with.
* Consider where children with additional needs are on the Continuum of Need